Wow, thanks to Bloggers Karen and Cathy at http://www.writedespite.wordpress.com for nominating us for this bloggers award! We have truly enjoyed discovering new blogs and reading some great posts since we learned about Liebster.
Here are our Liebster nominees whose blogs we think are awesome!
Here are some questions we think your readers might like to know:
1. What is your favorite classic novel?
2. Favorite children’s book?
3. If you could meet any author alive or not, who would that be?
4. Why are you a blogger?
5. What’s the best thing about blogging?
6. Where’s your favorite place to write?
7. If you could go anywhere, where would you choose to go for your next adventure?
8. What’s your favorite movie?
9. What was your favorite day trip?
10. What was your favorite overseas trip?
11. What is your drink of choice?
Here’s how the Liebster Award works in the blogging world:
1. Congratulations! Once you’ve been nominated thank the Liebster Blog presenter who nominated you and link back to their blog.
2. Post 11 facts about yourself, answer the 11 questions you were asked and create 11 questions for your nominees. See below.
3. Nominate 11 blogs of 200 followers or less who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen. See below.
4. Display the Liebster Award logo. See above.
Questions that writedespite asked us . . .
1. What’s your favorite horror movie?
J – Unless it is a spoof, I’m not watching it! R – After The Exorcist I quit — too scary!
2. How much sleep do you get at night?
J – Depends on if I’m getting up early to write. Some nights it is 7- 8 hours, but I love 9 hours better. R – Head hits pillow at 10:30, up at 6:45 — in an ideal world.
3. What’s the best thing about being you?
J – The creative life I share with my family and friends. R – My wonderful family and great friends.
4. What’s the hardest thing about blogging?
J – Blogging is supposed to be fun! The hardest thing is getting started on a topic. R – Blogging is fun! Writing novels is hard. Wait! Writing novels is fun too — mostly.
5. What’s the best meal you ever had?
J – The full English breakfast at Warren Carr Barn in Matlock, Derbyshire. But I can always count on Machiavelli’s to serve a delicious vongole and gluten free pasta. R – Cheeseburger and a beer in a diner/tav in Goose Prairie, Washington after backpacking for several days and eating nothing but freeze dried food. Oh, and did I mention — we also got lost.
6. What’s your biggest regret?
J – Not taking a certain job despite the low wage. R – That I didn’t start writing fiction sooner.
7. What or who is the love of your life?
J – My husband, son and dog. R – My husband of lo these many years.
8. What are you most proud of?
J – Taking my first class in writing several years ago and never stopping. R – My two fabulous, kind, accomplished and beautiful daughters.
9. How much time do you spend on Facebook every week?
J – About an hour over the week. But if I think that is one hour, it might be 2. R – Hardly any.
10. Favorite Saturday Night Live cast member?
J – Seth Meyer R – See answer to #1. Okay, okay, I love Bossypants – Tina Fey.
11. Pet peeve?
J – Shoveled sidewalks during snow days. Too darn slippery to navigate! Ice in my glass of water. Its raining out. I’m already cold. Please serve me room temperature. R – Mean, racist people.
11 random facts about Janis
1. First Generation American 2. Colin Firth, Viggo Mortenson, Kit Harrington, Garrett Hedlund 3. Love prunes and beets 4. The Big Island, Hawaii 5. PG Tips tea 6. Published in Bust magazine 7. Purple 8. Ines de la Fressange 9. Diana Gabaldon 10. The Soundtrack to The Piano 11. The scent from the plant known as Bugbane/Cimicifuga,/Actaea
11 random facts about Rachel
(1) Paternal Grandparents came to Ellis Island from Russia; (2) such a bookworm as a kid that my mom forced me to join a marching band; (3) spent four months studying in Southern France in college; (4) been hiking in the Cascades longer than Cheryl Strayed; (5) climbed to the top of Mt. Zeus on the Greek Island of Naxos last September; (6) in a family of singers and can’t carry a tune; (7) know the words to many, many old rock songs; (8) love to sing in the car; (9) will not eat beets; (10) love jazz; (11) have written two novels.